Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday, January 25th

I took today off work because of how significant and dizzying my headaches were yesterday. I made an appointment to see my GP today and he said while I had no neuro or motor symptoms (no stumbling or numbness of limbs or vision problems or neck pain etc) that there were no red flags but it was odd to have a headache for that long (it’s been since Boxing Day and worse this week than any other eeek). He suggested Advil gel caps because they work faster. He wrote a requisition to check my iron and my thyroid. Both test came back with normal ranges (iron was low but not anemic). TSH was in the low range whereas two years ago it was high, so that was unexpected to me but still I guess normal range is good.
I am to come back in a week if the headache hasn’t gotten better and seek medical attention if it gets severe.
Other than Monday, I’ve only had to take one generic excedrin pill per day for it but the headache is still quite persistent and bothersome and primarily a lot of pressure around my left temple cheek/nose/sinus area; but it isn’t tender - counter pressure feels better rather than worse.
One of the side effects of the Zaxine antibiotic I’ve been taking since Jan 13th is headache and dizziness so it could be caused by that. I did take my dose this morning but then decided to try stopping and see if things get better over the weekend.
I see the naturopath in follow up on Wednesday and the OB/Gyn for the first time on Thursday. And then I’m supposed to get a filling from the dentist on Friday....



Texted Andrew before going to bed:
“Listen. These headaches and everything else kinda freak me out. And I know it’s probably nothing and I’ll be fine but just so you know; if I have a stroke or something and end up in a coma or have significant brain damage and have to be cared for for the rest of my life...pull the plug, I don’t want to be a vegetable.
Also if I die I want to be cremated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment